Santa brought nice stuff!

Tom Wells

Santa brought nice stuff!

Post by Tom Wells »

And among the best things that Santa brought were two ebikes. Here's Kay's:
KaysUnpack.jpg
KaysUnpack.jpg (829.97 KiB) Viewed 1287 times
It came in a big box (upper right) and took about two hours to assemble.

I'll add a picture of the assembled bikes tomorrow.

What prompted this extravagance? Well, a few months ago I put together two "fat bikes" for us to take with our camera gear into places the car wasn't allowed. The bikes looked like this:
FatBike7web.jpg
FatBike7web.jpg (530.99 KiB) Viewed 1287 times
The tires are 4" wide.

It became all too obvious after the fact that when the bikes were loaded and ready, we each have too many birthdays for easily putting a leg over the top bar. Sigh. We could ride them fine, but getting on and off without dropping stuff because we had to lean them waaaay over was a problem. So those original bikes got sold, and the new bikes ordered.

As you'll see in tomorrow's picture the new bikes are "step-through" design, meaning the step over height went from about 28"-30" down to 16" and all is well. They are still fat bikes so we can go on the beach or through the woods without sinking in.

We've ridden them around our circle lots of times and they're really easy to mount, dismount and ride. In fact, they are surprisingly easy to pedal since the rider can easily select a wide range of electric boost of from zero to five, where zero is no assist at all. Our first photo trip to use them may be early as next week or the week after. Looking forward to it!

What did Santa bring you?

Tom
mooreken

Re: Santa brought nice stuff!

Post by mooreken »

looks like a really nice upgrade. The electric boost is a great feature.
Santa spent all his effort on my new motor, so the tree was bare for the garage projects...

Enjoy...Ken
Tom Wells

Re: Santa brought nice stuff!

Post by Tom Wells »

Here's Kay's new eBike:
KayseBikeWeb.jpg
KayseBikeWeb.jpg (579.76 KiB) Viewed 1260 times

Mine's the same except the frame is white.

Fun waiting to happen!

Tom