Fuel injection upgrade

mooreken

Re: Fuel injection upgrade

Post by mooreken »

Today was a good day. I finished the throttle linkage and steering column.

SO TEST DRIVE :clap: :dance:

https://youtu.be/VBaNfBnwCPg
BlackSnake

Post by BlackSnake »

Outstanding Ken, good to see both of you back on the road! :clap:
mooreken

Post by mooreken »

Just a follow up.
One of the main reasons I went to the EFI was the way uneven fuel distribution.
After an interstate run I checked a few plugs and they looked much better. Timing burn marks on the electrode also look good.
The AFR readings look a little lean but I’ll wait for more miles to see how it learns.
Ken
mooreken

Post by mooreken »

Short follow up video on the Sniper.
So far, I'm happy with the upgrade. As I had a carb with no choke before it is still feeling a little weird not having to pump the throttle and do the fancy foot work to keep it running when cold. Having to wait the couple of seconds for the fuel pump to build is also fighting the force of habit starting. But I really like not having cold start issues.

Ken

https://youtu.be/ThS166QqxwQ
mooreken

Post by mooreken »

The drive for the DSCC luncheon went well. The drive down from Jax was good. On the way back the high idle came back. Not as bad but still 1150rpm or so. When I power cycled the ign. it recovered but came back.
So I bought a box of magnetic chokes and put a few on the cables going to the 3.5" display that caused the first problem and on a couple of other wires while I was in there.
Today I drove to my brothers place in Fernandina and came back A1A. About 150mi. So far, no idle issues. Maybe I have it all good. :clap: :dance:

Ken
mooreken

Post by mooreken »

Final follow up :lol:

I drove down to Power Tek in St Augustine to see about having the cobra tuned.
Nice guys..The owner came out and looked at the data and test run the car in the parking lot.
He was nice but when I made small talk about driving it on the Daytona track all of a sudden I was one of the good'ol boys. And he checked deeper and gave me an atta boy. He said that it seemed to be running great and made a couple of small suggestions to touch it up.

They rent the FIRM once a month usually on a Monday as it’s cheaper and their group (employees,friends, and customers) share in the cost. Approximately $225-250 or so depending on how many. The next track day is the 13th of next month. They have a sign up sheet at the store. Along with the top 10 list of fast times. (I need to cut about 10 seconds off my best lap).
He inquired about how I got to run on Daytona so I informed him of the June 20th SCCA Track Night America date.
Ken