eBay/Amazon puzzle

Tom Wells

eBay/Amazon puzzle

Post by Tom Wells »

Received a UPS package today.

Ordered an FL-1HP Ford Racing filter from eBay.

Received an FL-1A filter (worth about 1/5 the price!) from Amazon!

Now what? I messaged the eBay seller about it. When (if?) I get a response I'll post some more.

WTF?

/vent off
mooreken

Re: eBay/Amazon puzzle

Post by mooreken »

My brother had a similar issue and made a ticket with PayPal. He did get a refund but it took a couple of months.
I assume you contacted the seller....most of them will do what it takes to keep a bad review. Good luck.
Tom Wells

Post by Tom Wells »

Well, the fun continues: today I got another FL-1A instead of an FL-1HP. This time direct from and through Amazon, not the same vendor. It's going back for a refund today. Sigh...

Interestingly I've ordered and received the correct filters direct from Amazon 9 previous times over the years! Wonder why the string is broken?

I'll have to start ordering by part number: CM-6731-FL1A is the replacement for the FL-1HP according to the internet. Maybe the suffix is where the confusion starts?

Not as if I have much else to be doing :GR::
Tom Wells

Post by Tom Wells »

Wow! That was fast!

Both filters were sent back last week. Both refunds are in. Amazon is back on my "better than average" list O::::

In place of the wrong ones, I ordered some CM-6731-FL1A filters, due in next week.

During this process I found that the FL-1HP filters have been discontinued, or at least renamed to CM-6731-FL1A.

Education isn't free - some just costs less than others :mrgreen:

Tom