DSCC Reptile Roundup 10/22-25/2020

Tom Wells

DSCC Reptile Roundup 10/22-25/2020

Post by Tom Wells »

All, FYI here's the e-mail I received from Dennis today:
Deep South Cobra Club

Reptile Roundup - October 22-25, 2020, Palm Coast, FL

This year's Reptile Roundup is scheduled for Thursday, October 22nd through Sunday, October 25th. The base location will be Palm Coast, FL. Just a short drive from historic St. Augustine.

The current schedule includes a private guided tour of The Brumos Collection in Jacksonville, FL. This is a new facility built to house the collection of the former Brumos Porsche racing team. The collection and museum is top notch with some historic vehicles. There will be an entrance fee for this stop, as the details are worked out, we will pass them on to you.

Of course we will spend some time in historic St. Augustine, founded in 1565. There are some great roads and wonderful restaurants in this area, look forward to seeing everyone.

Due to the pandemic this year, detailed plans have been a little slow to develop. We are having to make some changes to our typical schedule to allow us to comply with local requirements. These requirements are somewhat fluid, so please be patient, we are committed to putting on a safe event, we will keep you posted on changes as they come up.

To help us plan the event please register on our website : 2020 Reptile Roundup and make sure to put in your hotel reservations at the link below.

Here is the reservation link for hotel : Fairfield Inn and Suites, Palm Coast
As details develop, I'll post more here!
BittenAgain

Re: DSCC Reptile Roundup 10/2 is Cars & Coffee a2-25/2020

Post by BittenAgain »

Greetings from Maine!
Patty & I are hoping to be back in FL mid-October, so we should be able to participate in this event. Miss driving the Cobra! Saturday the 24th is Cars & Coffee at the CCM of St. Augustine, so maybe the DSCC would want to participate in that morning event as part of the weekend. Do we have to be members of the DSCC to take part? Will be interested in seeing what else the plan includes, as we've not been before.
Looking forward to updates! Bob & Patty Slawson
"The older I get, the faster I was..."
mooreken

Re: DSCC Reptile Roundup 10/22-25/2020

Post by mooreken »

If I read the sign up link correctly(be sure to double check) there was a $20 guest fee. As I recall this is about what the yearly dues are....so you might just want to join and get it over with...lol
Ken
BittenAgain

Post by BittenAgain »

That said, have joined DSCC so that more information will be forthcoming... ..]
"The older I get, the faster I was..."
cobra1151

Post by cobra1151 »

Sounds like a good time. Might go as guess , let my membership expire a while back. We used to tow the Cobra behind our Motorhome but have a Fifth wheel Camper now and can't double tow in most states. Plus sold the car trailer so O] . But this Roundup we can drive down with the Cobra to Palm Coast with it being soo close.
Will make decision when it gets closer.

Carl
BlackSnake

Post by BlackSnake »

Tom, any updates on this? Phil says the Brumos museum is still not open for tours.
Tom Wells

Post by Tom Wells »

Mike,

Phil is correct as far as the public is concerned. Dennis has got this arrangement made:
One of the activities we have planned for Friday, October 23rd is a tour of the Brumos Collection in Jacksonville. This is a very new automobile museum with an extensive collection of iconic race cars and other vehicles. The museum is opening for a private tour for our club. The tour will be guided by the collections executive director.

In order to promote social distancing we will be splitting the tour into two groups and masks will be required during the entire tour.

You will need to purchase tickets at this link prior to the show. Tickets are $35+taxes and fees.

If you have trouble with the website please let us know, and I can try to get it resolved. The museum will not be able to process walk up ticket purchases at the time of the show.
If you register for the Reptile Roundup, you should get an email with the link for tickets.

I'm still not comfortable with the indoor aspect of the visit, so probably won't go.

Having said that, our visit a few years ago with the DSCC was well worth it!

So you "pays yer money and takes yer cherce!"

Tom
mooreken

Post by mooreken »

Tom Are you going to do the drive.. I was thinking of driving down and do the cruise back up but not do the museum.
Assuming it doesn’t rain. Long range forecast is not doing well yet

Ken
Tom Wells

Post by Tom Wells »

Ken,

I'd like to do the drive(s). When Dennis comes out with some info, I'll be able to see.

BTW I did order a t-shirt :D

Tom
Tom Wells

Post by Tom Wells »

Dennis has published the schedule for the Reptile Roundup:
2020 Reptile Roundup Schedule
Thursday, October 22nd
6pm-9pm Meet and Greet at Hotel

Friday, October 23rd
8:00 AM Group 1 Drivers Meeting and Depart for Brumos
9:00 AM Group 2 Drivers Meeting and Depart for Brumos
10:00 AM Group 1 Tour at Brumos
12:00 PM Group 2 Tour at Brumos
2:00 PM Lunch at Joe's Crab Shack, Jacksonville Beach
6:30 PM Depart Hotel for Dinner
7:00 PM Dinner Tortuga's in Flagler Beach
Saturday, October 24th

9:15 AM Drivers Meeting
9:30 AM Depart Hotel
11:30 AM Lunch at Renegade's in Georgetown
2:45 PM Arrive at St. Augustine Parking Garage
2:45-?? Sightseeing/Shopping/Dinner in St. Augustine

Sunday, October 25th : Depart
Also, he has put up a PDF with details and maps which is attached to this message.
2020 Roundup Schedule.pdf
(1.5 MiB) Downloaded 190 times