Motor saga

mooreken

Re: Motor saga

Post by mooreken »

I was a little lazy this weekend and didn't finish the motor assembly, but I got the hard part done. Heads all torqued and the valves run.
I took the time to CC relitive parts and ran the compression numbers. I don't know how much cutting was needed to true the heads the chamber is now only 60cc's I think they were 62 before and are supposed to be 63. the gasket is .039 compressed..the magic numbers came out to 11.1.
I couldn't find my cc vile when I put it together this last time so I don't know what it was then. The compression is around 255lbs so I was suspecting that it was at least 10.5.
The pistons and all internals look good and there is no pinging (at least not pinging loud enough to hear over the pipes, lol) and it starts without lugging and doesn't run hot so I think all is well. I do know that aluminum heads will allow more compression than steel so I'm not going to ge too worried about it. Just have to look for good gas stations. And I may start putting in a little octane additive.
The good out of this is when talking about my motor 11 to 1 sounds so much cooler as it rolls off the tongue. ..]

One more long day and it should be running.
Attachments
IMG_1401.JPG
IMG_1401.JPG (2.63 MiB) Viewed 3502 times
BlackSnake

Post by BlackSnake »

Looking very good Ken, those are some healthy intake ports you have in those heads.... ..]

Btw, what machine shop have you been using to do your machine work?
mooreken

Post by mooreken »

Horsepower by Hedrick
Mark Hedrick

He has a nice shop. The machine shop reminded me of the airplane engine shop my father worked at. Spotlessly clean.
He also has an engine dyno that I wish I had spare money to play with again. That was a fun day.
BlackSnake

Post by BlackSnake »

That's good to know. I've been using Tachyon Automotive in Bayard off of Phillips, but that is nowhere near a spotless shop...a pigsty actually. Thx
mooreken

Post by mooreken »

He is on 103rd St next to the go kart track.
BlackSnake

Post by BlackSnake »

A bit of a ride for me, but I know where that is. Thx
mooreken

Post by mooreken »

WooHoo.....Motor running again.
All's well in the garage again. Just a little too rainy and cold to test drive but SOON!